Minnesota Festival Support
Minnesota Festival Support is a pilot program designed to engage Minnesotans in festivals that celebrate the arts, build community, and expose communities to diverse art forms including folk and traditional arts.
The program provides funding for sponsoring or presenting organizations to feature Minnesota individual artists and Minnesota arts groups in arts festivals, or in the arts components of broader, community-based festivals.
The FY 2016 deadline is 4:30 p.m., Friday, May 22, 2015.
The Arts Board will only accept applications that are submitted and accepted by the online WebGrants system before the 4:30 p.m. deadline.
Who Can Apply
An organization is eligible to apply for a Minnesota Festival Support grant if it is:
- A Minnesota arts producing organization, arts presenting organization or presenting affiliate, or community group, that is exempt from taxation under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or has a nonprofit, tax-exempt fiscal agent.
- A Minnesota public agency such as a public school district or unit of local, state, or tribal government.
The applicant must provide at least 25 percent of the total project's cash expenses from other sources, and may receive up to 75 percent of the total project's cash expenses in combined support from the Minnesota State Arts Board and one of more or more the state's regional arts councils.
- Panel Review: August 5–6, 2015
- Board Approval: September 2, 2015
- Applicant Notification:September 4, 2015
- Project Period: November 1, 2015–October 31, 2016
All applicants are required to use the WebGrants system to apply, and will submit all materials electronically. Registration is required of all applicants before beginning an application to any Arts Board program. It is only necessary to register once.
FY 2016 Overview and Instructions (PDF)—all applicants should read this document thoroughly before beginning the application.
If You Have Questions Or Need Assistance
If you have questions about the content of the application form or narrative, please contact:
Kathee Foran, program officer
For questions about the technical aspects of the application forms, or questions about electronic submission, e-mail the Arts Board at:
You may also call the following staff, but above e-mail is preferred.
Tom Miller, project manager
All staff can be reached toll-free at (800) 866-2787.
Reports And Amendments