The Forum of Regional Arts Councils of Minnesota
The Forum of Regional Arts Councils serves as the voice of and advocate for small arts organizations and community-based activities
throughout Minnesota by working in partnership with the Minnesota State Arts Board, Minnesota Citizens for the Arts and others.
The voting membership of the RAC Forum consists of the primary staff person for each of the designated eleven regional arts councils of Minnesota.
RAC Forum activities include, but are not limited to:
- Planning and preparation of joint applications to private or public funders
- Development of the biennial budget request to the state legislature for regional arts development
- Planning regional arts participation in activities to inform the state legislature about the arts in Minnesota
- Developing and carrying out activities jointly with the Minnesota State Arts Board and/or Minnesota Citizens for the Arts
- Developing and carrying out joint activities designed to promote regional arts development across the state, such as conferences for local arts volunteers
- Assisting individual regional arts council staff in understanding general regional arts council policies and activities, and in solving particular problems relating to them
- Conducting joint activities to develop the skills of regional arts council staff, councils and committees
Minnesota's unique, decentralized system of regional arts councils disseminates state and other funding for local arts
projects, arts in education residencies, general operating support for organizations and other local arts activities.
Current RAC Forum contact:
Leslie Schumacher, president
Forum of Regional Arts Councils of Minnesota
c/o Central Minnesota Arts Board
P.O. Box 458, 220 Fourth Avenue North,
Foley, MN 56329
tel: 320-968-4290 / 1-866-345-7140